Panola County Court of Commissioners Agenda: July 19, 2022 | New
Panola County Commissioners Court
A regular meeting of the Panola County Commissioners Court will be held Tuesday, July 19 at 1:30 p.m. at the Panola County Courthouse.
1. CITIZEN COMMENTS: This is for citizens to comment on any topic that is not on the agenda regarding county business. Members of the Court may respond to direct questions, but any action relating to this item must be placed on a later agenda.
2. STEWARDS’ REPORT: These are for informational purposes only. Any action to be taken on the basis of these reports will be included in a future action programme.
3. COUNTY JUDGE’S REPORT: This is for information purposes only. Any action to be taken on the basis of this report will be included in a future action programme.
a. To record the retirement of Rebecca Kise as the official County Court Court Reporter effective December 31, 2022.
a. Authorize the County Auditor to issue sealed bids for the purchase of a one (1) 3/4 ton crew cab for the Panola County Roads and Bridges Department, District 4. Bid specifications are available from the County Judge’s Office, 110 S. Sycomore, Room 216-A, Carthage, Texas. Bids will be opened on August 16, 2022 at 1:30 p.m.
a. Approve and register Amendment No. 15 to the 2022 budget.
b. To file June 2022 fund balance reports for the Panola County Auditor’s Office.
vs. To file the June 2022 Treasurer’s Reports for the Panola County Treasurer’s Office.
a. Approve and register a conference application form for the following Panola County elected officials/employees: Holly Gibbs, Panola County Tax Assessor; Justice of the Peace for Panola County, Districts 2 and 3 Toni Hughes; Tina McMullen, PCSD prison administrator; Tabitha Martinez, PCSD Deputy Prison Administrator; Deputy Panola County Auditor, Christina Chatman; and PCSD Communications Officer Natalie Hogg.
5. Approve payment of current Panola County bills as prepared and submitted by the County Auditor.
6. Approve payment of the current Panola County payroll as prepared and submitted by the County Treasurer.
7. Appoint all Election Judges and Deputy Election Judges for a period of one year beginning August 1, 2022. (VTCA Election Code, Section 32.002)
8. Discuss and act on the adoption of the ARPA Final Rule Resolution.
9. Receive the County Clerk’s request that the Court adopt an Archival, Preservation and Restoration Plan for the County Clerk’s Archives pursuant to Local Government Code Section 118.025(g); discuss and act on the passage of Order 2022-10 setting a fee of $10.00 for the County Clerk’s Archives, Preservation, and Restoration Fund, as permitted by government code 118.025 local ; to schedule a public hearing on said Plan for August 16, 2022 at 1:30 p.m.; and to authorize the county judge to publish a notice of said hearing.
A regular meeting of the Panola County Commissioners Court will be held Tuesday, July 19 at 1:45 p.m. at the Panola County Courthouse.
1. EXECUTIVE/CLOSED MEETING – An executive closed meeting will be held, if required, pursuant to Sections 551.071(2) and 551.129, Texas Government Code (consultation with attorney) for the Court of Commissioners to consult and request advice to its attorneys regarding: (a) the county’s auxiliary construction project, including the procedure and documentation required for the county’s provision of architectural and other professional services (including engineering services ) necessary or desired for said project; and (b) any other matter described in this meeting agenda.
2. DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTIONS – Discussions and potential actions will take place pursuant to Texas Government Code Chapters 2254 and 2269 and other authorities regarding the following matters: (a) approval and issuance of the Application Panola County, Texas Award No. 2022-01-ABP-ARCH, County’s Request for Qualification for Architectural and Other Professional Services for the County’s Auxiliary Construction Project, for acquisition by the County architectural and other professional services (including engineering services) necessary or desired for said project, and declared the project to be located on certain real property in Panola County, Texas, in the city from Carthage, Texas; and (b) all related matters, including public notice required by law.